Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011? Really?

How did this happen? Last I checked, it was still spring, or at least summer, one of those warmer months. And now, all of a sudden, not only is it winter, but it's 2011?! Holy cat-poop, Snoopy!

Well, first off, let me quickly fill you in on the major happenings that have occurred since my last writing. Most significantly, SD & SM got engaged(!)--whatever that means. They've already spent most of my lifetime together, and it's only now that they've determined that they should stay together? What took so long? And do I need to be worried about new puppies?

On another note, I haven't gotten any younger since we last spoke. In fact, this whole "getting old" business is rubbish, I tell you. One day you're out in the park, showing those young whippersnappers who's boss, and the next thing you know you're getting bounced by some little yearling and having to crumple to the floor because your hips won't cooperate. SD calls it "body rot." I call it just plain rotten. Oh to be young and carefree again, as opposed to my current status of older and carefree. Don't let anyone tell you that age doesn't matter--whoever says that isn't old enough to know better.

In other news, this past December (2010) was so snowy ("How snowy was it?!") that the roof of the Hubert (what a funny name--Hubert! Heh!) H. Humphrey (was that the only letter available that year? I mean, Hagrid, of course, but I'm Hagrid Benya--you can find me on the Book of Faces--not Hagrid Hallelujah, or something absurd like that--not that he didn't do great things, or so I've been told--but I digress...) Metrodome collapsed! That's a lot of snow, folks. Although, apparently, this is not the first time, nor even the second, for such thing to occur. All I can say is that I'm glad my roof hasn't collapsed due to snow, or any other reason. I don't think I would respond well to collapsing roofs.

I think that's enough for one post, don't you? I think I'm supposed to leave you wanting more, so you'll have to tune in next when you'll hear me say: "SNnnnooooooowwwwww!!!!" Or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to old on some days, especially when I can't remember the names of all the GDA puppies I've raised. Some I might rather forget but never you, "Honey Man." Wishing you a happy and healthy 2011. Original Mom loves you.

    ReplyDelete